Routing Configuration & Router Administration for Cisco CCNA
About This Course
This course is over 10 hours in length and will cover everything from connecting to a router, configuring administrative tasks on the router, learning the routers internal components such as RAM, ROM, NVRAM and FLASH; learning how to manipulate the Registers on the router, backing up configurations, using the CDP protocol, and all aspects of Static, Default and Dynamic routing.
Please Note: The Cisco Packet Tracer is a Cisco proprietary software and can only be given out by Cisco. So, if you hear me say in any of the lectures, that I would be providing the CPT, please disregard since I cannot do so.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the simulators/emulators used in this course are not part of the course. It is the students responsibility to have these to practice with. The Cisco Packet Tracer and/or VIRAL (Virtual Internet Routing Lab) are Cisco proprietary software and can only be obtained through Cisco. It is up to each student to obtain the simulator/emulator of their choice to study along with this course.
If you are unable to get a hold of the CPT, remember that you have other options, like: GNS3, Boson or even live equipment.
It is recommended that you use any of the simulators mentioned above to follow along with the course.
Students will get a thorough understanding of how the routing process actually works and they will also learn how to configure all inter-networking components using the Cisco Packet Tracer (link attached for download), look for it under external.
Students will also be configuring RIPv2, EIGRP and OSPF and understand how to manipulate each routing protocols attributes to meet the requirements of the network.
This is a lecture based course using the Touch-IT Technology Smart board, which will make learning very interactive and engaging.
Hands on labs will be used to drill down the concepts learned in each lecture using the Cisco’s Packet Tracer.
My method will make you feel like you are sitting in a classroom environment and give you the most needed hands on experience!
Handouts will be available to facilitate learning and practice.
This course is designed to help the student become comfortable with the routing concepts and router administration…but it will also help in preparing them for any networking certification or Computer Science Degree; not to mention the fact, that for those already in the field, it will further improve routing decisions in their particular networks.
What are the requirements?
- A good understanding of networks.
- The Cisco Packet Tracer or similar simulator
- A desire to absorb the information to be able to apply it in a test environment or in a real world scenario
What am I going to get from this course?
- Once you finish my course, you will have a strong grasp on the concepts of which routing method to use in different networking environments. You will be able to configure any of the routing methods discussed and tweak each protocols attributes to make routing more efficient. You will learn how combine the two methods of routing to create backup routes if needed. You will also gain the knowledge on how to do administrative task on the router.
- The understanding of routing is an essential element for any Networking and/or IT Professional. This course will prepare the student for any networking certification such as N+, CCNA, MCSE to include any Computer Science Degree.
- Routing is an essential part of any network in order to communicate and transmit information. Mastering this knowledge will make the student, the Networking and/or IT Professional a much more valuable asset in any Network or IT environment.
What is the target audience?
This course is intended for anyone that is preparing for a network certification or Computer Science Degree. However, it does go beyond that, it is also intended for those Networking and/or IT Professionals that are already in the field and need a better understanding of routing.
Network Engineer, Cisco & Microsoft Instructor
2016 will be the year to reach your goal!
If you are determined, ambitious and hungry for a new beginning…then 2016 should be your year.
…and how better to start the year than to get your CCNA!
Whether you are interested in the CCNA R/S, the CCNA Wireless or just want to understand the key topics of these certification exams, taking one or all of my courses, will get you a little closer to that goal.
But, don’t take my word for it…please take a look at the FREE previews (they are available in all my courses) and see for yourself.
As for me, 2016 will be the year of putting out new courses for different types of IT certifications among other things
What you wanted to know about me:
If you are tired of the same old methods of learning and want someone that is pretty much unconventional, but at the same time will provide you with an enjoyable learning experience in layman’s terms…then please preview my courses and you will discover that I am your guy.
I am a Network Engineer with over 14+ years in the field and in the teaching industry. I hold the following certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, Security+, Network+, A+, MCP, MCTS & MOS and I just passed the first of two test for the CCIE! My teaching experience stems from teaching at institutions like Palm Beach Community College, New Horizons, Florida Career College (now Anthem College) and The Academy of South Florida, not to mention teaching at my own training facility in Miami, Florida.
Having been in all sides of the spectrum; as a student, a teacher/trainer, and in the field, I believe this uniquely qualifies me to understand the student, and what they have been exposed to as opposed to what they really want to accomplish. These two are sometimes extremely conflicting and frustrating. That is why I teach in the manner I do and can relate to the student’s rejection of the Status Quo.
I have taught corporate employees at MetroPCS (now T-Mobil) and have also taught IT professionals of companies like The Florida Marlins, Hospital personnel & Attorney’s firms amongst others to be able to acquire their CCNA certification and/or their Microsoft certifications; like the MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist). YES!…I am also an applications instructor and also teach Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
I teach in an unconventional way that allows for students to understand the subject matter and can therefore, not only prepare them for a Cisco and/or Microsoft certification exam, but apply my methods in the real world. I strive to give the student a greater opportunity to compete in the current job markets. Do I go above and beyond what is needed for a certification?…YES, I do!…because it’s not only about getting a certification, it’s also about making sure the student is prepared for a job interview and/or maintaining their current job by enhancing their skills. This is where I step in and make sure that the student is prepared for whatever they need and make them an asset to their employer. Everyone has different requirements and I make sure, or at least I try, to provide information for most scenarios.
My classes and/or courses are very simple and that’s how I like to teach. If things are kept simple, easy and explained in a way that the student can grasp quickly and retain the information…then I have achieved my goal!
For those that do not know me yet, you may not be used to my style of teaching, but you will soon get accustomed to it :)… I’m very laid back, I try to make learning fun and I teach in layman’s terms…no physics jargon or mumbo jumbo in my teachings. My courses are very interactive and extremely dynamic!…you will not find my lectures monotone or boring, because falling asleep, for lack of excitement, is just NOT an option. Just take a look for yourself at my video previews, which I always provide on ALL my courses, so you can determine if I’m the right guy to help you get your industry specific certifications. 😉
I certainly hope that after a careful review of my credentials & testimonials (you can Google it you know!), I’m the Cisco & Microsoft Instructor you’re looking for!
Motivational Evangelist, Author,
Cisco & Microsoft Instructor
Frequently Asked Questions
What web browser should I use?
The EnlightMe platform works best with current versions of Chrome, Firefox or Safari, or with Internet Explorer version 9 and above.
- Lectures 24
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 Hours/Week
- Skill level
- Language English
- Students 2
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self
Section 1: Introduction to Routing
- Lecture 1.1 Lecture 1:Introduction to CCNA 200-120 Certification Locked
- Lecture 1.2 Lecture 2:Using the Packet Tracer Simulator Locked
- Lecture 1.3 Lecture 3:Routers IOS and using the CLI Locked
- Lecture 1.4 Lecture 4:Routers IOS and using the CLI Part2 Locked
- Lecture 1.5 Lecture 5:Routers IOS and using the CLI Part3 Locked
- Lecture 1.6 Lecture 6:Administering the Routers IOS Part1 Locked
- Lecture 1.7 Lecture 7:Administering the Routers IOS Part2 Locked
- Lecture 1.8 Lecture 8:Administering the Routers IOS Part3 Locked
Section 2: Routing Basics
- Lecture 2.1 Lecture 9:Difference between Routed and Routing Protocols Locked
- Lecture 2.2 Lecture 10:What does the term Routing mean? Locked
- Lecture 2.3 Lecture 11:The IP Routing Process Locked
- Lecture 2.4 Lecture 12:Static and Default Routing Part1 Locked
- Lecture 2.5 Lecture 13:Static and Default Routing Part2 Locked
Section 3: Dynamic Routing
- Lecture 3.1 Lecture 14:The basics of Routing Protocols Locked
- Lecture 3.2 Lecture 15:Distance – Vector Routing Protocols Locked
- Lecture 3.3 Lecture 16:Routing Information Protocol (RIP) Locked
- Lecture 3.4 Lecture 17:Using Ripv2 and Static Routes Together Locked
Section 4: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Lecture 4.1 Lecture 18:Introduction to EIGRP Locked
- Lecture 4.2 Lecture 19:Sec4Lec13P2a Introduction to EIGRP Locked
- Lecture 4.3 Lecture 20:Sec4Lec13P2b Introduction to EIGRP Locked
- Lecture 4.4 Lecture 21:Sec4Lec14 EIGRP Lab Locked
Section 5: Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Lecture 5.1 Lecture 22:Introduction to OSPF Locked
- Lecture 5.2 Lecture 23:Configuring OSPF Locked
- Lecture 5.3 Quiz 1:Router Administration and Routing Final Exam Locked