Convert HEX to Decimal in under 30 seconds!
About This Course
This course is over 60 minutes long and will give you the knowledge and understanding of how to convert hex to decimal, decimal to hex anbinary to hex or decimal.
You will become familiar with the format of hexadecimal numbers, their use and their bit values. This course is mostly lecture based using a whiteboard. This method will make you feel like you are sitting in a classroom environment.
Handouts will be available for students to facilitate learning and practice.
This course will help you in becoming comfortable with, not only conversions, but it will also help you in preparing for the CCNA certification and Computer Science Degrees; not to mention the fact that for those that are already working in the field, it will help you in calculating the conversions without a calculator. This method should expedite the way you convert in order to make you faster, better and stronger.
(Please always check the ANNOUNCEMENTS section for new updates and events, since I am always letting you guys know of my newest and latest endeavors!)
What are the requirements?
What am I going to get from this course?
- Once you finish the course you will feel comfortable, not only converting numbers, but also in your understanding and comprehension when working with hex numbers.
- With the introduction of IPv6 we really need to understand how to work in hexadecimal format and be able to convert to decimal if needed. The understanding of conversions is key to any networking professional.
What is the target audience?
- This course is intended for those that are seeking a career in Networking, Computer Science and other Information Technology fields to include those that are taking certification courses like the CCNA and/or CCNP.
Network Engineer, Cisco & Microsoft Instructor
2016 will be the year to reach your goal!
If you are determined, ambitious and hungry for a new beginning…then 2016 should be your year.
…and how better to start the year than to get your CCNA!
Whether you are interested in the CCNA R/S, the CCNA Wireless or just want to understand the key topics of these certification exams, taking one or all of my courses, will get you a little closer to that goal.
But, don’t take my word for it…please take a look at the FREE previews (they are available in all my courses) and see for yourself.
As for me, 2016 will be the year of putting out new courses for different types of IT certifications among other things
What you wanted to know about me:
If you are tired of the same old methods of learning and want someone that is pretty much unconventional, but at the same time will provide you with an enjoyable learning experience in layman’s terms…then please preview my courses and you will discover that I am your guy.
I am a Network Engineer with over 14+ years in the field and in the teaching industry. I hold the following certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, Security+, Network+, A+, MCP, MCTS & MOS and I just passed the first of two test for the CCIE! My teaching experience stems from teaching at institutions like Palm Beach Community College, New Horizons, Florida Career College (now Anthem College) and The Academy of South Florida, not to mention teaching at my own training facility in Miami, Florida.
Having been in all sides of the spectrum; as a student, a teacher/trainer, and in the field, I believe this uniquely qualifies me to understand the student, and what they have been exposed to as opposed to what they really want to accomplish. These two are sometimes extremely conflicting and frustrating. That is why I teach in the manner I do and can relate to the student’s rejection of the Status Quo.
I have taught corporate employees at MetroPCS (now T-Mobil) and have also taught IT professionals of companies like The Florida Marlins, Hospital personnel & Attorney’s firms amongst others to be able to acquire their CCNA certification and/or their Microsoft certifications; like the MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist). YES!…I am also an applications instructor and also teach Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
I teach in an unconventional way that allows for students to understand the subject matter and can therefore, not only prepare them for a Cisco and/or Microsoft certification exam, but apply my methods in the real world. I strive to give the student a greater opportunity to compete in the current job markets. Do I go above and beyond what is needed for a certification?…YES, I do!…because it’s not only about getting a certification, it’s also about making sure the student is prepared for a job interview and/or maintaining their current job by enhancing their skills. This is where I step in and make sure that the student is prepared for whatever they need and make them an asset to their employer. Everyone has different requirements and I make sure, or at least I try, to provide information for most scenarios.
My classes and/or courses are very simple and that’s how I like to teach. If things are kept simple, easy and explained in a way that the student can grasp quickly and retain the information…then I have achieved my goal!
For those that do not know me yet, you may not be used to my style of teaching, but you will soon get accustomed to it :)… I’m very laid back, I try to make learning fun and I teach in layman’s terms…no physics jargon or mumbo jumbo in my teachings. My courses are very interactive and extremely dynamic!…you will not find my lectures monotone or boring, because falling asleep, for lack of excitement, is just NOT an option. Just take a look for yourself at my video previews, which I always provide on ALL my courses, so you can determine if I’m the right guy to help you get your industry specific certifications. 😉
I certainly hope that after a careful review of my credentials & testimonials (you can Google it you know!), I’m the Cisco & Microsoft Instructor you’re looking for!
Motivational Evangelist, Author,
Cisco & Microsoft Instructor
Frequently Asked Questions
What web browser should I use?
The EnlightMe platform works best with current versions of Chrome, Firefox or Safari, or with Internet Explorer version 9 and above.
- Lectures 20
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 Hours/Week
- Skill level
- Language English
- Students 2
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self
Section 1: Introduction to HEX Course
- Lecture 1.1 Lecture 1:Introduction to Course Locked
Section 2: Hexadecimal numbers and their uses
- Lecture 2.1 Lecture 2:Introduction to section Locked
- Lecture 2.2 Lecture 3:What are Hex Numbers? Locked
- Lecture 2.3 Lecture 4:MAC Addresses are in HEX Locked
- Lecture 2.4 Lecture 5:IPv6 Addresses Locked
- Lecture 2.5 Lecture 6:MAC Filtering Preview Locked
- Lecture 2.6 Lecture 7:Summary of Section 2 Locked
Section 3: How to convert Hex to Decimal
- Lecture 3.1 Lecture 8:Intro to Section 3 Locked
- Lecture 3.2 Lecture 9:Coverting Hex to Decimal Locked
- Lecture 3.3 Lecture 10:Summary of Section 3 Locked
Section 4: How to convert Decimal to Hex
- Lecture 4.1 Lecture 11:Intro to Section 4 Locked
- Lecture 4.2 Lecture 12:Summary of Section 4 Locked
- Lecture 4.3 Lecture 13:Converting Decimal to HEX Locked
Section 5: How to convert Binary to Decimal or Hex
- Lecture 5.1 Lecture 14:Intro to Section 5 Locked
- Lecture 5.2 Lecture 15:Converting Binary to Decimal or HEX Locked
- Lecture 5.3 Lecture 16:Summary of Section 5 Locked
Section 6: Practice Problems!
- Lecture 6.1 Lecture 17:Intro to Section 6 Locked
- Lecture 6.2 Lecture 18:Practice Problems Locked
- Lecture 6.3 Lecture 19:Summary of Section 6 Locked
Section 7: Summary of the ENTIRE Course!
- Lecture 7.1 Lecture 20:Summary of Course Locked